Protection Receptacle Family Top Housing Change
Eaton Wiring Devices is changing the top housing material of protection receptacles (GFCI, AFCI, and AFGF) from Polypropylene to Polycarbonate to better match colour, finish, and texture of our Polycarbonate wallplates. Markings on the top housing of the receptacles will also be changing to condense and reduce text, creating a sleeker, more contemporary look.
Tamper Resistant Shutters Changing to Black
To better meet customer preferences, Eaton Wiring Devices is changing the colour of the tamper-resistant shutters on all receptacles from neutral/white to black. These black shutters nearly disappear from view for a cleaner, sleeker look, improving aesthetics while still preventing the insertion of foreign objects such as keys and hairpins fully compliant with all codes and standards, keeping children safe.
Product Families Affected
Regardless of pack-out and device color, this change will affect the following protection receptacle families:
- Tamper-resistant and standard 15A and 20A GFCI Receptacles (TR/SGF*)
- Weather-resistant and tamper/weather-resistant 15A and 20A GFCI receptacles (T/WRSGF*)
- Audible Alarm 15A and 20A GFCI Receptacles (TRSGFA*)
- Nightlight 15A and 20A GFCI Receptacles (TRSGFNL*)
- Combination Switch/GFCI Receptacles (TRSGFS15*)
- Tamper-resistant 15A and 20A AFCI receptacles (TRAFCI*)
- Tamper-resistant 15A and 20A AFGF receptacles (TRAFGF*)
Regardless of pack-out and device color, this change will not affect the following protection receptacle families:
- Standard and tamper-resistant 15A and 20A hospital grade GFCI receptacles (TR/SGFH*)
- NAFTA-compliant GFCI receptacles (TR/SGF*F*)
- Blankface and blankface audible GFCIs (SGFD20* and SGFDA20*)
Download Eaton Wiring Devices Side by Side Comparison of Changes to Top Housing Markings in .pdf format.