Britech is one of Canada’s oldest and largest companies in the electric heating cable industry. Britech entered the electric floor warming and snow melting industry in 1996 when it became the exclusive Canadian representative for one of the first electric floor warming systems available in Canada.
In 1998 an agreement was concluded to represent NEXANS, (then known as Alcatel), across Canada on an exclusive basis. The association with Nexans has allowed Britech to expand into more markets including heavy industrial, commercial and institutional while maintaining a strong focus on residential new construction and renovation.
Originally, when the floor heating industry was in its infancy Britech sold direct to the consumer, but with the association with NEXANS in place, marketing efforts were re-directed to place an emphasis on the electrical distribution market that services electrical contractors, major building owners, manufacturers and renovators across Canada.
Our association with the electrical distributors has allowed us to expand and we now have trained and qualified sales representatives from St. John’s to Vancouver Island. We also have a central warehouse and custom cable manufacturing facility in Scarborough, Ontario. Our staff includes electrical, industrial and heat transfer engineers as well as highly qualified Industrial and residential HVAC specialists.
Britech provides engineered and standard heating cables to home builders, coal and nickel mines, tank manufacturers, major oil companies, tile installers, renovators, consulting engineering firms and federal and provincial governments, etc. We do this with the assistance of our sales personnel and the electrical distributors across Canada.
Why choose Britech?
- Britech is a Canadian company, selling to electrical distributors, but dealing directly with you, their customer.
- Specifications and computerized print outs are included with budget pricing and quotations.
- Britech has a toll free assistance line across Canada: 1-877-335-7790. Toll free fax: 1-800-335-3166.
- Provide a drawing, and our estimating service will send a quote usually in 2~3 hours, under 24 hours guaranteed!
- Britech has experienced representatives across Canada and technical support from industry trained technicians.
- Britech trains your installers on-site, to make sure they are comfortable and knowledgeable with our products. We can then recommend your firm as a certified installer.
- Customized warming, heating and snow/ice melt systems are usually shipped within three business days.
- Britech has stock on hand that can be shipped the same day or overnight.
- Our product line-up includes both cables, mats, and controls to suit any indoor or outdoor application
- Britech has over 30 years of Canadian experience in the HVAC industry.
- KIT-BSR-DRD Flat Roof Drain De-icing
- TXLP1 Single Conductor Resistance Cable
- TH1310WF Smart Thermostat – for floor heating system
- Winter-Melt self-regulating plug-in heating cables
- BRI-THIN™ Floor Warming & Heating Cables
- SNOW-MAT™ Snow & Ice Melting Mats
- Britech ST™ Smart Trace
- Self-Regulating Trace Heaters Potable Water Applications